A Volunteer at Island can work in a variety of roles, and we will work together to find the match that’s just right for you. Some of the opportunities that are available are:
- Assisting Therapeutic Recreation during activities including socials, special events, sports and of course- Bingo.
- Assisting Therapeutic Recreation on Community Outings to such locations as Atlantis Marine World, Applebee’s and the Movies!
- Escorting residents to and from Therapeutic Recreation activities, Rehabilitation and the Beauty Parlor.
- Visiting residents one-on-one for social companionship where you can chat, assist with letter writing, reminisce, do manicures with the ladies and so much more!
- Clerical and administrative roles are available as well.
To begin your journey with us, please complete the Volunteer Application.
- Be over the age of 12.
- Complete a health assessment form.
- Provide a copy of immunization.
- Provide a copy of a PPD (can be done at your Physician’s office),
We look forward to working with you, and will contact you to set up an interview and orientation at a convenient time. Once again, thank you for choosing Island Nursing and Rehab Center, and we’ll see you soon.
Please contact Lorrie Prescott, Volunteer Coordinator at (631).758.3336 x 148 or email: email@example.com for more information.