A Volunteer at Island can work in a variety of roles, and we will work together to find the match that’s just right for you. Some of the opportunities that are available are:
- Assisting Therapeutic Recreation during activities including socials, special events, sports and of course- Bingo.
- Assisting Therapeutic Recreation on Community Outings to such locations as Atlantis Marine World, Applebee’s and the Movies!
- Escorting residents to and from Therapeutic Recreation activities, Rehabilitation and the Beauty Parlor.
- Visiting residents one-on-one for social companionship where you can chat, assist with letter writing, reminisce, do manicures with the ladies and so much more!
- Clerical and administrative roles are available as well.
To begin your journey with us, please complete the Volunteer Application.
- Be over the age of 12.
- Complete a health assessment form.
- Provide a copy of immunization.
- Provide a copy of a PPD (can be done at your Physician’s office),
We look forward to working with you, and will contact you to set up an interview and orientation at a convenient time. Once again, thank you for choosing Island Nursing and Rehab Center, and we’ll see you soon.
Please contact Lorrie Prescott, Volunteer Coordinator at (631).758.3336 x 148 or email: email@example.com for more information.
Come join our team. See our beautiful building with a friendly atmosphere. We offer competitive wages as well as an extremely competitive benefits package.
Island Nursing & Rehab Center takes great pride in hiring the finest candidates which makes us a “Premiere Facility” on Long Island. As part of our employment process, viable candidates are subject to pre-employment background checks. These checks will include but are not limited to: References-Personal & Professional, Salary, Education, Credit History, DMV, Civil Court Records and/or professional licensures.
Further, to ensure compliance as set forth by the New York State Department of Health regulation, effective 4/1/2005 all Skilled Nursing Facilities are required by law to conduct criminal history record checks (CHRC) via fingerprinting, on all NON-LICENSED direct care personnel.
FT/ PT & Per Diem LPN’s – All Shifts (10% differential for Evenings/Night)
FT /PT & Per Diem C.N.A’s – All shifts (10% differential for Evenings & Nights)
RN LEADERSHIP ROLES
FT Manager – Long Term Care Unit: prior experience required, acute care experience helpful
FT Charge Nurse-Sub-Acute Unit – MUST possess prior Acute & Subacute experience
PT Admissions Nurse – 5 days/ 22.5hours week-FLEXIBLE (5:00pm-9:30pm)- LTC/Admissions experience strongly preferred
PTAs and COTAs – per diem day shift – experience in similar setting required
Part Time – Day Shift
Per Diem – Days /Evenings
FOOD AND NUTRITIONAL SERVICES
Per diem – day shift
Mechanic III/grounds- Part Time 3 days weekly.
Please send resume with salary requirements to:
Fax: 631-930-7407 or
5537 Expressway Drive N., Holtsville, NY 11742
(LIE Exit 63, on the North Service Rd) EOE
OUR WONDERFUL VOLUNTEERS “MAKE A DIFFERENCE” For information, please Contact the Coordinator of TR/Volunteers@758-3336 EXT.148 or click here.