Facebook has recently switched up how posts are seen by users. This new change has small businesses scrambling to reach their followers as they discover only 2-5% of their audience is actually seeing posts, favoring a more “pay to play” approach as opposed to organic or viral methods.
Does this mean Facebook is a dead end?
No! While it is more difficult for businesses to be visible on Facebook, consumers are still more likely to buy from brands they follow on social media.
Here are some ways to improve visibility on Facebook:
- “Like” your business page on your personal Facebook account
– Invite family & friends to “like” your page as well. Encourage your employees to “like” your page.
– Like, Comment and Share posts from your business page to your personal page. The more interaction on the post, the more people will see it.
- Focus on post quality vs. quantity
– Pictures over text, videos and links from popular/trusted web sources will improve your posts’ chances of reaching your audience
- Look to the big guys for what works
– Most of social media marketing is trial and error; let the bigger companies with large marketing budgets figure out what doesn’t work. Use them as a template for what you should be posting.
- Stay on the pulse of your industry and market
– Trends come and go so quickly, once we find out about them on mainstream media outlets, they are already on the way out. Find the most important/knowledgeable sources in your industry and discover the influential voices in your market. Keeping ahead of the trends will keep you relevant on social media.